Engage Visual Learners with a Wordle
A wordle is a visual word cloud of text.
Wordles are easy and free to create. Anyone can create a wordle at Wordle.net.
Wordle.net generates a word cloud that gives greater importance to frequently occuring words — so that key words within sections of text are emphasized and displayed in larger font sizes.
You can use wordles in a variety of ways. For example:
- Introduce a topic or concept by visually representing the text in an assigned reading
- Assign students to generate a wordle with the text in their written work.
- Wrap up a welcome discussion question by visually representing the text in student written responses. The image below shows a wordle that was created based on student responses to the question, “What do you hope to learn from this course?”
More Ideas for Wordles
- Forty-Three Interesting Ways to use Wordle in the Classroom
- Top 20 Uses for Wordle
- Using Wordle in Education
- Create a Banner for Your Blackboard Course
How to Create a Wordle
More Video Tutorials About Wordles
Share Your Wordle Ideas
Send your ideas and wordle examples to email@example.com.